Sunday, January 27, 2013

Garlic and Lime Crispy Tofu Taco Salad

Okay, so I know I already posted a blog today, but my dinner was way too delicious to not share with the world. I've been lazy all day because last night I went out and got wild. I drank way too much before I got to the bar, got whisked away by a group of European men and taken to a bar I didn't want to be at, shared a bag of Doritos (that I brought with me) with the bar, ate some McDonald's french fries, and had a lot of laughs. Today, I've just been sleeping and snacking and watching Law & Order:SVU, even though I've seen every single episode. I decided to be productive with dinner and created a delicious masterpiece. 

Garlic and Lime Crispy Tofu Taco Salad:

1 oz firm tofu (drained, patted dry, and cubed)
1/2 bell pepper (color of your choice)
1/2 avocado
3 small vine tomatoes
2 cups lettuce of your choice (I used spinach)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic and lime seasoning
Cheese for garnish

Sautee 1/2 green bell pepper in the olive oil until tender. Add tofu and garlic and lime seasoning. Sautee until tofu is crispy on both sides. Place mixture over salad bed, top with avocado, tomato, and cheese and enjoy! This took me all of fifteen minutes to make, and it's so so good.


I ate a mango on the side. I'm missing Moose, so the little veggie dog had to fill in his place and stare at my delicious meal. I mean seriously, look at that tofu. Who says vegetarians don't eat well?