Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy National Peanut Butter Day!

Happy National Peanut Butter Day! Peanut butter is absolutely yummy and I will use any excuse to eat it. It's funny that when Allie and I were little, I was NOT a huge fan of peanut butter. Ever since I became a vegetarian almost 4 years ago, I cannot get enough of it. I was a HUGE fan of Jif's Peanut Butter and Honey, but they discontinued it. Now, I love their natural creamy peanut butter. Just peanuts and salt, yum! I still haven't gone grocery shopping because I'm lazy, so I'm still living in carb city. But this morning, I made a YUMMY post-run smoothie that tasted just like a Butterfinger. I deserved it, especially because I was a dork and did my morning run with my pants on backwards. It's Thursday, so if that's any indication of the rest of my day, I'm in for a strange one. 

Smoothie:
1 cup vanilla coconut milk
2 tbsp Peanut butter
1/4 tbsp chocolate syrup
1/2 cup ice

Blend and enjoy! I would recommend adding protein powder or something to make it more filling, but this was yummy! 


295 calories, 23 carbs, 21 g fat (peanut butter), 8 g protein, 169 mg sodium

My lunch was a grilled cheese with mustard in pita bread (Arnold's pita thins, my new favorite) and cajun baked french fries. My afternoon snack (that's packed for work/classes) will be peanut butter and Ritz crackers (gotta get as much PB in today as possible!)



I hope everyone enjoys their Thursdays! What are you going to eat to celebrate National PB Day?