Monday, January 28, 2013

My (Not So) Baby Sister is 21!

I was REALLY looking forward to my run this morning (even though it was my dreaded three miles) because I was such a blob this week (food wise, I did great with my exercise), but also because I wanted the few extra calories to do a FaceTime shot with Allie because SHE IS FINALLY 21! Allie and I have a great relationship and she is honestly my best friend. I am so thankful that we get along because she gets me like no one else does. Our positive qualities and negative qualities balance each other out and she is the only person in the world who I could imagine living with right now. I think it would be so fun to be roomies with my sister, as adults, and tear up the town. My parents blessed me with a lifelong best friend, a built-in maid of honor, and a reflection of myself. I'm proud of her and everything she is doing. She is an amazing photographer and I just want her to follow me around and take photographs of my life. I think one of the hardest things about living in Florida is being so far away from my sister. At least we still talk all day, every day. My dad always says that he loves that about us. He can never tell either one of us about something that the other one has done because we've already talked to each other about it like 4 hours ago. I am super happy that she is finally 21 because I want to go out to bars and things with her and just be so silly. I want our reunions to be over chips and margaritas. I am terribly bummed that I am missing such a huge milestone, but I promise to make up for it ;) I was snooping around for some photos of us last night, and for some reason, I can't find any super recent ones of the two of us. I promise though, we love each other. We always have.

Me and my new lil baby. Pretty sure I have food on my face, but what else is new?

Benefits of being a big sister: Always having a little sister to do your bidding

 I still dress like this

 Neither one of us looks like this anymore, but this is typical.

Actually, this is more typical. I don't usually use the f-word unless I'm sailor drunk, but it was appropriate for this conversation. I really do love her, I promise.

So happy birthday to my baby sister! I hope you don't cry when they sing happy birthday to you.
(I'm super bummed I couldn't find any pictures of that). This drink's for you :)