Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Madness Continues

I'm still trying to get my life back together after this weekend. I went to bed at 9 pm last night and I got up early this morning to run and try and do some of the homework I ignored this weekend. I half-assed all of my assignments and got them done in time for class. I win. My run this morning was really bizarre. It was nice and cool out so I ran my lil heart out during those 3 miles. As much as I hate the cool/cold weather, I love it for running because I can run faster and longer without getting dehydrated or overheated. I ran past this man who I always see walking and swinging his arms in the morning. As I approached him, he looked at me and smirked, first saying "Are you running for me?" and then saying "Are you running from me?" I answered "yes" to the last question and ran faster. Then I ran past this man wearing a purple windbreaker (Hello, 90s) and watering his lawn. He was staring at me as I ran past and actually ended up watering his sidewalk because he was too busy ogling me instead of paying attention to what he was doing. I made eye contact with him, hoping he would stop looking at me, but he didn't. Then, on my way to work this morning, I walked past this  kid who looked at his friend, looked at me, pointed at me, and said "I want to bang that girl." My life.

Today, I've been living in carb city. I have ZERO groceries because I got back last night and haven't gone grocery shopping. This morning I had half of a bagel with a half cup of Greek yogurt, for a morning snack I had cheese and crackers, and for dinner I'm having a baked potato with cottage cheese. I found that I prefer cottage cheese over sour cream because it gives me a little bit of protein and keeps me fuller for longer. I had a salad for lunch today and it was huge, but mainly veggies with only a little bit of dressing. The woman who was cashing me out said "Ooh, you must be hungry!" Yes, I was very hungry, but I'm also eating a large salad full of good things for me, and not looking like that person walking out with 500 calories worth of empty carbs. Thanks, lady. I'm planning on popping some popcorn and being dead on my couch because PLL comes on tonight. I'm thinking it's going to be another early bedtime...

Tomorrow, I will probably go grocery shopping and get back to posting yummy and healthy meals!