Friday, February 8, 2013

Recovery Mode

I've been more of a diva lately than I have been in a while. There are people in my life who are trying to steal my sunshine, so naturally, I turn up the "I do what I want" philosophy. This usually just plays out into me saying what I want, doing what I want, and being who I am, because I know I can get away with it. For the most part, I have been really good about biting my tongue when need be, but my face is easily read and everyone can see what I'm thinking, even if I don't realize it. Oops... One major diva moment was today when I called my mom to tell her that my bridesmaid dress came in early (only a week after I ordered it as opposed to 8 weeks) and she told me THREE times that I can't gain weight between now and October. Now, she said she didn't think this would be an issue, but it bothered me that the first thing she said to me was the first thing I thought when I tried it on. I immediately got snarky and said "well, I know how to control my weight" and cut off the conversation at that. I want y'all to know that she was not being mean at all, she has never made fun of me or anything for my weight, she was just making a comment and I was being overly sensitive/my typical diva self. She redeemed herself when this package came in the mail:

Yes, this is my floor, but I love my floors and I was laying on them when I opened it, so what's it matter? New glasses and a new cookbook :D

I'm also a diva whenever I am getting ready to go out... I literally sent this text message last night while I was trying to figure out what to wear. If this isn't classified as a First World Problem, then I don't know what is:

It's tough being diva-licious a fashionista

Holy. Thursday. Night. I got there at 9 like usual, but the Tiki bar was packed, so I stood and drank my beers until some nice guy offered me his seat because he and all of his friends had a seat and I didn't. How sweet. Apparently, eating dinner at 4:30 and having a small snack beforehand makes you pound beers because Johnny made a comment about how fast I was drinking my beers. Oops! I struck up a conversation with a nice older gentleman and he bought me a tequila shot.. oh boy. Now, for those of you who do not know, one of my nicknames in college was Margarita Mama. Tequila is my best friend in a bottle and I LOVE it! So I pounded my shot just in time for  Chris and Brooke to come and meet me. The night was pretty tame, but I was a walking disaster. I knocked my friend Teddy's drink out of his hand (thankfully he's a sweetheart and didn't get mad, but I bought him a new one instead). I wobbled my heart out, and then we found the European men who swept me away the other night. That's when things got ridiculous. I spent the whole night being a diva, getting free drinks, having a random assortment of people touch my butt and legs, and ended up having to go home with Chris and Brooke because I had too much and couldn't drive (props to me for being safe!) When we were leaving, one of the guys from Northern Ireland got into our car and we ended up taking him back with us. What a night. I got my car at 7:30 this morning and felt great and was gonna go to the gym, but when I got home, hangover city set in and I've been a blob all day. I had all of these plans today, but if I don't feel better after I eat my lunch, I guess I'm going to continue being a blob! That's what I get for partying too hard. I need some of those RecoveryBits I read about in Running in Heels.

How was your Thursday? Have any big plans for this weekend?