Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Blood Wars

So, I've been using spaghetti squash in place of pasta for about a month now -- I try and make a new recipe a week. I find that when I eat regular pasta now it's not as satisfying as the spaghetti squash. Plus, I can eat a HUGE serving of spaghetti squash for less calories than a regular serving of pasta. But, I need help. Can someone tell me the best way to cut spaghetti squash without cutting my finger? Last night, there was blood. My finger was bleeding for about 15 minutes (don't worry, it wasn't deep) because I cut it since obviously, I do not know how to cut a spaghetti squash. This has happened before... so I need an intervention. Can someone give me some tips about cutting spaghetti squash without drawing blood? After I stopped bleeding, I topped my spaghetti squash with sauteed spinach, onion, pepper, and zucchini, one laughing cow garlic & herb wedge, and a 1/4 of spaghetti sauce. I also was starving and impatient, so I ate it out of the shell. That's not weird, right?

Is it just me, or does my squash look like Hey Arnold?


I was a little bit of a disheveled mess on this morning's run. The shoes feel great; they're actually looser today, and I'm not sure if it's because I'm wearing a different type of socks than I did yesterday. My feet felt like they were slipping a little bit, so I might have to just tie the shoes even tighter to make sure that they're okay. My pants were also falling down quite a bit -- I almost lost them at one point. I also passed an old lady who was running in front of me and felt bad.... I probably shouldn't feel bad about that though, because it's not like I pushed her down or anything. I didn't drink enough water before the run this morning, so only half of my run was enjoyable before the miserable effects of dehydration set in. Ugh, hopefully the rest of my day isn't this disheveled! 

Do you have an issue working with a certain food in the kitchen? How was your workout today?

Happy Tuesday! Enjoy your Mardi Gras :D