Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A New Take on Taco Tuesday

I have been seriously slacking in the recipe department, and if you follow the blog's Pinterest board, you've probably noticed that it hasn't been updated lately. Oops! I promise I am still cooking delicious things, but nothing has been interesting enough to share on the blog! That is about to change.

Last night, I put a twist on "Taco Tuesdays." Instead of going the usual route and making some black bean tacos, I created a Taco Stuffed Mushroom. Oh. My. Goodness. It was delicious. It was also probably the most spectacularly plated food I have ever created in my life. If you love stuffed mushrooms, I highly recommend this recipe.

Taco Stuffed Mushroom
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup black beans
2 tbsp salsa
1 piece sliced Monterrey Jack cheese
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
Avocado Slices
Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Place spinach in the cap of the mushroom. Top with black beans, salsa, and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes at 375*. Top with Greek Yogurt and avocado slices. Enjoy!

This was really good! If you're not a vegetarian, I'm sure you could add some seasoned ground beef or shredded chicken (whatever you would add into a taco) and it would be tasty. I placed the spinach on the bottom of the mushroom so that the other toppings would weigh it down and so that it would take up some of the moisture from the mushroom cap and get nice and soft. I ate the rest of the avocado as guacamole on the side, but that wasn't pictured because it made my beautiful food picture look not-so-nice. 

On an ending note, I want to thank all of you who reached out to me in regards to yesterday's post. I think it's going to take a while for me to sort things out, but I appreciate that you are all thinking of me! Seriously, you're my favorites.

I'm off to attempt a treadmill workout because I can't warm up this morning (aka it's 45 degrees in FL). Wish me luck, because we all know that I hate running indoors.

Happy Wednesday!