Sunday, March 17, 2013

People Actually Read My Blog?

It’s been going around the blog world and I was nominated  by  Sharsti @ The Blonde Hair Blue Eyed Runner ! Thank you, so, so much!!

What is a Liebster Award?
1. This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
2. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
3. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
5. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.

Eleven Random Facts About Me

1.  I have an irrational fear of horses. More specifically, I have an irrational fear that horses are going to bite my Achilles tendons. I don't like being anywhere near horses, seeing pictures of them, or watching them on TV. I get really anxious even thinking about horses. It's irrational and illogical, but it's real.

2. Hearing people eat or breathe causes me a lot of anxiety as well. If I can hear someone eat, it's all I can focus on and I get really anxious and panicky. But, it's rude to ask people to eat quietly, so I either leave the room or try my best to ignore them.

3. I'm not a huge sports fan, but I am really attracted to athletes. There's just something about an athletic man who is either currently playing a sport or is retired from a sport that I find really attractive. I think I associate it with a healthy lifestyle, and that's ALWAYS attractive. Also, if they are 6'4 or taller, that makes them double attractive. Know any single, 20-something athletes who are tall? Send them my way ;)

4. The Little Mermaid has always been and will always be, my FAVORITE movie. My heart is in the ocean and I would love to be an underwater princess. Ariel and I are BFFs.


5. Matt Nathanson is my absolute favorite artist in the history of all of the music I have listened to (I am not a music connoisseur by any means). I love his voice, his sound, his music, and I really connect to all of his lyrics. I have seen him twice in concert, met him both times, and plan on getting a tattoo of "Little Victories" which is one of my favorite songs of his and holds a really amazing message. He is also incredibly sweet to all of his fans and I cannot wait to see him on tour again this summer.

 
"Little Victories" - Matt Nathanson

6. I am a non-native Spanish speaker in that I am highly proficient (almost fluent) in Spanish and I was not raised speaking it. No one else in my family speaks it. I started learning in eighth grade and continued through college. I was the translator for my group when we went to Costa Rica during the summer before my sophomore year of college and I have gotten to use it during various jobs/internships and I'll get to use it this summer when I'm teaching about sea turtles in Costa Rica! I wish I could speak Spanish all of the time.

7. I love learning and would be in school for the rest of my life if that was affordable. However, since it is not affordable, I will be an environmental educator for nonformal programs after I finish my Masters next May and continue learning through advancements in the field of marine biology as well as from the kids/adults I teach!

8. When I started blogging, I never expected anyone to read it except for maybe a few friends. It's not like I have a ton of readers, but I have readers that I have never met and I've found blogs that I LOVE reading that are written by people I have never met. I love the blogging community and I think I'd get along really well with these ladies if I ever have the chance to meet them!

9. I was born and raised in Chicago, but I think Florida is going to be my home for a long time. I went to undergrad in SC, but always knew that I would be leaving there. I worked in NC, but I knew that was temporary. Florida feels different; Florida makes me happy, there are so many job opportunities here, and the weather is a million times better than anywhere else I have lived, even when it's at its worst.


10. Dill pickles are my absolute favorite food. I could eat an entire jar in a single sitting.

11. I have seen every single episode of Law and Order: SVU on Netflix. During my junior/senior year of high college, I watched 10(ish) years worth of SVU. I have NO idea what it is about the show that I love, but I can't get enough of it. Even the bad acting and real-life scenarios cannot scare me away!

Questions from Sharsti:

1.Favorite movie: The Little Mermaid (I didn't realize this was a question when I did my fun-facts!)
2. If I could be anywhere right now where would I be? In a Spanish-speaking country, exploring nature and the culture
3. What’s my favorite workout? Running, by far. There's no competition.

My Questions:

1. If you could rid the world of one animal, what would it be?
2. What was your favorite subject in school?
3. If you could have one job in the entire world, what would it be?
4. What strange fears do you have?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
6. What is your favorite part about blogging/being a blogger?
7. Have you ever had an injury that has kept you from working out? What was it?
8. What is your favorite beverage (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?
9. Are you a jealous person?
10. If you could eat one food with no regard for calories, what would it be?
11. What is one thing that you want to do before you die?

And I nominate:
Cori @ OliveToRun
Rachel @ Her Name Is Rachel
Lisa @ Yo Momma Runs
Brooke @ Running In Heels