Monday, March 11, 2013

Rest Day, Leftovers, and My Next Race

In case you missed yesterday's post, you can find it here:

The Namesake of The Blog Emerges, A New Resolution, & A Green Recipe

Yesterday was my rest day, as Sundays typically are. I woke up with a stuffy nose and a scratchy throat and was feeling rundown, so I immediately moved from my bed to my couch and stayed there for a couple hours before I went back to bed for a 4-hour nap. I drank a lot of tea and felt a little better before I went to bed, but I was very exhausted all day. I feel better today, except that I woke with a fierce headache. I wore my new flamingo knee-highs yesterday in hopes of keeping my feet warm and they were just too cute, so they instantly made me feel happier. I also took the opportunity to give my IT band a really good foam rolling, because it's been really bothering me lately. It's very tempermental, so any suggestions of hip strengthening exercises would be greatly appreciated!

 Flamingo knee-highs, how cute!

Because I wasn't feeling too hot, yesterday consisted mainly of leftovers. Lunch was my leftover Caprese flatbread from Olive Garden with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese :


Dinner was my leftover lentil burger topped with pepper jack cheese, white onion, and tomato slices (I baked it this time in the oven for about 30 minutes), served with baked red potato wedges and a dill pickle:


I've been trying to decide what I want my next race to be and I am torn between a few races, but I knew that I wanted to commit to at least one. On my list, there's a Mud Run in Melbourne (where I live) in May, the Tower of Terror 10-Miler in October, the Space Coast Half Marathon in December, and of course I'd love to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon again next February. After researching some of these races, I decided on the Tower of Terror 10-miler because the beneficiary is Autism Speaks. I've already discussed my love of Special Needs Populations on this blog, so it was a no-brainer that I needed to sign up for this race. My mom expressed concerns that it was too close to my best friend's wedding (the race is October 5, the wedding is October 12 and I am a bridesmaid), but as long as I keep myself healthy, I think I should be good to go for the wedding! I'm interested to see how this will work out, as the race is at 10 pm and I have never done a night race. It is sure to be a lot of fun, though!! I'm also hoping to get in a race between now and then, but at least I have a commitment and a goal :D

Have you ever run a night race? What is your next race going to be?