Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Weekend Recap

In case you were too busy being Irish this weekend, here's what you missed!

Just Do It: Finding Your Motivation

People Actually Read My Blog? 

This weekend was a blast! I had every intention of staying in on Friday because I had gone out on Thursday and I knew that Saturday was going to be a big night. Chris and Brooke called me around 10:30 and asked me to come out, so I got dressed and headed downtown. There were a lot of people dressed in green, which was confusing, as all of the festivities were on Saturday. Friday consisted of a lot of dancing, a little drinking, and a blast from the past that made me temporarily sad, but that was solved by good friends and lots of dancing.

On Saturday, I got up early because I wanted to get 10 miles in before I started indulging in St. Patrick's Day activities. I was only able to do 2 miles before my hip really started bugging me, so I quit while I was ahead in order to avoid further injury. I went home and did yoga and foam rolling, followed by a quick nap. I went out to the store in an attempt to buy Green River soda because I wanted a green mixer since I had planned on only drinking one green beer that night when we were downtown (I was expecting to not be served because there would be too many people). I couldn't find Green River, so I bought some Diet 7Up and lime Crystal Light. I headed over to Chris and Brooke's and then got started. Because I was drinking liquor and I usually drink beer, I was tipsy after two drinks. We ordered a pizza and then headed downtown to partake in the festivities! As soon as we got there, we went on a mission to find green beer, because I wanted at least one for the night. This is the majority of the rest of my night in pictures...

 Those thigh-highs were supposed to be knee-highs
 Green beer :D
 Me with my green beer :D
Random tall men I asked to take pictures with me

On Sunday, I got up early because I was babysitting a classmate's dog and she was dropping him off at 7:30. After he was dropped off, I went back to bed for a couple hours until I got up to make some banana and chocolate chip waffles. The green baked out on the surface, but they were very green inside :D Super yummy! I think I've had enough green food coloring this weekend to last me a lifetime. For dinner, I had shamrock and pots o' gold cheese raviolis with roasted vegetables and sauteed spinach in my homemade broccoli pesto. They were so cute and really yummy :D



Thankfully, today my hip felt better, so I did 4.5 miles at 9:03 min/mi pace, iced it, and I will probably do some foam rolling in a bit!

Happy Monday!!