Thursday, March 14, 2013

Veggie Pizza on Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Crust

If you're looking for a low-calorie recipe, stop reading now and look at my blog's Pinterest board for other options. If you're looking for a deliciously sinful pizza recipe, read on! You could always eat it in the dark, because calories don't count if they are consumed in the dark (think: movie theater, outdoor bar at night, etc.).

After all of the excitement with Nugget, my raccoon, I wanted to continue the excitement in the kitchen. I bought a Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit mix at Sam's Club (seriously, go buy them if you love the biscuits) and wanted to try something different with them since each pack makes 10 biscuits and I only cook for one. I had the idea of attempting to make the biscuits into a pizza crust, but I wasn't sure how it would work out. I followed the directions on the package for making the biscuits, but the mixture was too sticky to turn into a pizza crust. I added about 1/2 a cup of flour to the mix, but I think that if you use less water, it could have the same effect.

Veggie Pizza on Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Crust
1 package Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix plus Garlic and Herb seasoning
1 stick butter
Various veggies
1/2 cup shredded cheese 

Preheat oven to 425*. Follow directions on Cheddar Bay Biscuit package and add in 1/2 cup of flour to make the dough less sticky. Shape the dough into your pizza pan. Spread 1/2 of the butter spread on the rolled out dough. Layer veggies on top. I started with a bed of spinach, topped with mushrooms, white onion, tomatoes, and zucchini. I then spread 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over the top of the veggies. Pour remaining butter spread over the top. Place in oven for 35 minutes or until the biscuits are crisp.



The dough will be softer and more biscuit-like than regular pizza crusts. I cut the pizza into roughly 12 pieces. It was super delicious and I could have eaten the entire pizza! I enjoyed a few pieces while I finished my homework and watched the Lorax. Fun Fact about Dr. Seuss' "The Lorax": It was one of the first books written for the environmental movement.

How else do you use biscuits?
--I usually use biscuits for roll ups or calzones

What is your favorite type of pizza?
--Spinach and mushroom deep dish or margherite pizza


If you haven't already, please don't forget to vote for my sister's mission trip sponsored through Toms by clicking here. If you also love free things, check out Karen @ Runner Girl Eats giveaway!

Happy Thirsty Thursday! ;)