Monday, April 15, 2013

How I'm Faring After Week One

As many of you may have read last week, I'm participating in Brooke's (Running in Heels) Beach Body Challenge. She is amazing, awesome, one of my favorite blogs to read, and she's studying to become a certified trainer! It's been a long time since a workout has left me feeling sore, and I was sore at least 4 days last week. Seriously, it's awesome. Brooke is doing a great job at helping me identify my weaknesses. For instance, the abs workouts and legs workouts were more manageable for me (I'm not going to say easy, because none of these workouts are easy), and I attribute that to being a runner. However, the arms workout and full body workout kicked my butt! Seriously, it seems like everything in my arms/shoulder area needs work. I also loved that ALL workouts were bodyweight workouts so that I didn't have to go to the gym just to use the weights there! I cannot wait for the next set of challenges! Here's my workouts for the week:

Monday:

4-miles run @ 9:08 pace plus 1/4 of Brooke's Deck of Cards Workout. I couldn't get through the entire thing. This is how I felt each time I pulled a heart card.


Tuesday:


I have to cheat and do "girl" pushups because I can only do like 5 regular pushups without dying, but that's going to be something to work on!


Wednesday:

A HIIT cardio workout I found on YouTube and the Day Three Booty Circuit. This was one of my favorite workouts of the week. Gotta keep that booty lookin good ;)


Thursday:

I only had time for 1.5 (the font makes it look like it says 15, but its one (point) five) mile run, but it was awesome because I was under 9 minutes for the first time in a while! 1.5 miles at 8:28 pace! Plus Day Four Ab Circuit. I loved the ab circuit and it got me incredibly sweaty! I'm hoping this will be me the next time I get on a plane in August:


Friday:

I switched it up that day and actually did the circuit workout before I did a cardio workout, where I rode the bike for 30 minutes, alternating resistance. This circuit was all about legs and I wore shorts that were a little too short, so the guy stretching behind me probably enjoyed himself every time I did lunges or bent over to check the next exercise. You're welcome, sir. This is how I felt the rest of the afternoon, even though I thought I was "taking it easy" on the bike:



Saturday:

As you may know, Saturday I did six miles and felt the worst. Then I spent the rest of the day laying by the pool and swimming. There were no challenges on Saturday or Sunday, so I just did cardio! 

Sunday:

Rest day. Beach and nap when it started to rain, then homework the rest of the day.



It may be silly or coincidental, but this week I have already been feeling better about my workouts, I have had more energy, and I've been hungrier. I have been really, really, hungry. But this has been helping with my goal for this month of listening to my body's hunger signals and eating when hungry versus on a schedule. 

There's still time to sign up for Brooke's challenge, so head over to her page and check it out! You don't have to be a blogger!