Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm Not Sure I Could Handle Being a Real Celebrity

I'm hoping that this ridiculous post brings some humor to your day, as I'm sure we all could use it! As you may know, I go out A LOT (if you follow me on Twitter, you know that). At least two/three times a week, minimum. As you also may know, I'm a diva. Now, I have talked about my ability to be a diva in the negative sense, but I haven't really talked about my diva-ness in my day-to-day life. It's time to address the diva part of my name, so this is going to come off as a little self-centered (which is not what I mean it to be, I'm just talking about my life as an Undercover Diva). I hope you find this post a little humorous, because that's what I intend it to be!

It never fails that whenever I go out, someone I have never seen before comes up to me and talks about how they always see me or that we've had a conversation before and introduces themselves. 8 times out of 10 I have no idea who this person is, and it's not because I've had too much to drink. I am usually very diligent about getting myself home safe, all while having fun with my friends. I often think that people get me confused with Justin Bieber, because we're twins, but a lot of my friends argue that it's my personality. I'm going to go with the Bieber theory:


In terms of the personality theory, I can see that as well. I am a Leo, and Leos love being the center of attention (if you believe in that kind of stuff). This is where the "Diva" in my blog title comes from. I'm well-aware of the positives of my personality, because I try to be the best person I can be. I know that I am friendly, sweet, and caring, but I also know that I know how to use that to my advantage. A downfall of my personality is that I do love being the center of attention, and I know how to get things done the way I want them almost every single time (that's not saying that I can never compromise). I will chit-chat with anyone and everyone, I will dance my booty off, and I will wear attention-getting clothes (bright colors and patterns, nothing too "revealing," but I make sure it's flattering) to get what I want without compromising my morals (aka, I know how to get free drinks without giving out a phone number/kisses/anything scandalous). However, a few recent incidents have proven to me that I would not be able to be a real life celebrity. These stem from a recent conversation that I had with my sister. I'd like to think that this is true about my personality and that I'm just a fun time ;)


1. Someone came up to me (I know who he is now) and said "I know who you are, you don't know who I am, but here's a video of us dancing together at Main Street." He showed me the video, and sure enough, that was me in the video. I have NO recollection of that video being taken and I was very sober during it. It was the Wobble (which is my jam), so of course I was dancing. It made me wonder how many other pictures/videos of me and my friends are floating around.


2. The aforementioned gentleman and I were talking on a Thursday (the second time I'd had a conversation with him and I now know his name), and his friends pull him aside and say "hey, that's the girl from the video." I had never seen any of them before, but apparently they had studied the video enough and/or saw me enough to know who I am. It sometimes freaks me out that there are a number of people who know who I am and I have ZERO idea who they are. I could not be a celebrity.

3. The smoothie lady at the gym knows me by name and greets me when I walk up, even though I've never told her my name. I'm sure she sees it enough on my credit card, but I don't know who she is. I think it's time that I learn her name so that I can properly thank her for all the post-workout smoothies she makes me!

4. Drama. Something happened about a week ago (that was not a big deal to me), but word spread and so when I got to Main Street, an entire uninvolved group approached me and asked me about what happened. They then proceeded to tell me that they could see why it happened because I'm just a social butterfly and sometimes that gives people the wrong idea. Thanks for your input guys, but I really just don't want to deal with drama and it wasn't a big deal, so we shouldn't make it a big deal. I've removed myself from that situation, and the tabloids should stop spreading the gossip ;)



But seriously, I could never be a celebrity. I genuinely feel bad when people tell me that they know me, call me by name, or say hello to me and I have no idea who they are, and I'm sure that happens to celebrities every day. I guess that comes with being a regular at a bar and I usually pride myself on keeping good tabs on my location, but apparently, that's not the case. I do love meeting new people, though, so if you happen to see me around, please say hello! I'm just going to stick with what I do best: being a Justin Bieber look-a-like. If I get kidnapped, you know why, but at least you know I went down like a diva.

What do you do when someone approaches you and you have no idea who they are? When are some times that you have been a diva?