Tuesday, April 2, 2013

iRUNLIKEAGIRL Review and A Little Humor

I heard about the company iRUNLIKEAGIRL through The Hungry Runner Girl's blog a couple weeks ago.

About the iRUN Heart

"What does the heart represent?

  • Left Side is Life’s Passion
  • Left Side is also the Body’s Lifeline
  • Right Side is the Shoe
iRUNLIKEAGIRL Celebrates Ageless Spirit in girls and women of all sizes, all ages, and at all athletic levels.
The iRUN team has traveled to many places, passing along our message to races throughout the country. Thanks to many of you, this positive lifestyle brand was embraced. We laughed. We listened to your inspirational stories. We ran. We walked. We cheered. We had fun. We’ll continue to hit as many races as possible in the months and years ahead.
And because it’s all about the heart, it doesn’t stop here. In the months ahead, look for more product choices, more sponsorships, and more fundraising for charity events.
iRUNLIKEAGIRL celebrates girls & women — you know why you are worth celebrating!"

When I was browsing their website, I found a few items that I was interested in, but were not in my size. I decided to e-mail their customer service address with an inquiry about when they would be replenishing stocks, if at all. Jennifer e-mailed me back and told me that once they get down to a few items of that particular product, they remove it from the website to avoid back orders. I sent her my size and the items I was interested in because she offered to check their merchandise. She e-mailed me back saying that they no longer carried the items I was interested in, but I had my eye on another jacket, so I wasn't too upset! However, this is what really sold me on iRUNLIKEAGIRL... Jennifer offered me free shipping because they didn't have the items that I wanted. How cool is that? I honestly was not expecting that, so that was a great surprise! She also advised me to order before Good Friday if I wanted my merchandise in the near future, as their offices are closed all this week. I ordered on Thursday morning and didn't expect the package for a week or so, especially because of the Easter holiday. When I opened my mailbox on Saturday, however, my new jacket was here already! Seriously, they are amazing! Jennifer said they are in the process of listing summer items, so if you're looking for summer clothes, I'd check their website often to see when it updates. 

I ordered the Sky Blue Performance Jacket in Small. The jacket ran true to size and is the perfect length for my torso and hits just at my hips. There are thumbholes in the sleeves (which I know us runners love), and it's warm, but not too warm. I would recommend wearing this for those cooler fall/spring mornings (I'd probably wear it in FL winter mornings), but since it's hot here in FL, I've just been wearing it around my house. The black on the side is very flattering, and as you can see, it says iRUNLIKEAGIRL on the arm (which is very flattering). I'm super happy with it, and proud to say that I run like a girl!

I paid for this jacket and am receiving no compensation for this review. These thoughts are all my own; I had such a great experience that I wanted to share!

This morning, I chose to sleep in because I didn't get much sleep last night and it was still dark out when I woke up intending to run. This led me to slightly oversleep, but on my way to work, I was sitting in my car at the light at the end of my street and I saw some man riding by on what I'm pretty sure is my stolen bicycle. My bike was stolen from under my porch a few months ago, but I didn't report it because it was 1.) Rusted from the salty air, 2) It was falling apart, and 3) He must have needed transportation pretty badly to take  my bike, so I'm gonna let him have it. Well, I saw this man riding by on a poorly painted bicycle that looked VERY similar to mine and he was having trouble pedaling it (the gears don't shift). I didn't know what to do, so I just stared at him with my mouth open and watched him ride by until the light changed. What would I have even said to him? Today is just one of those days.

What is your new favorite running brand? What would you have done in my bike situation?

I am still on the lookout for the best headband recommendation, so please help me out!