Saturday, April 13, 2013

Just One of Those Runs....

Have you ever had one of those runs where you just never get into it and felt terrible throughout the entire thing? This morning's run was "that run" for me. It's officially summertime in Florida. I got up and out of the house at 7 am and it was already 75 degrees with high humidity. I felt like Ron Burgundy in Anchorman:
It was so damn hot.

It usually only takes me about 1-1.5 miles to really get into my groove and get going. Today, that never happened. I was hot, I was sweaty, my IT band was talking to me on and off, and I could feel my legs chafing because of the heat (I know, you really wanted to know that). I think I gave myself 15 pep talks to keep going. I hadn't done a long run in weeks, so today I planned on six miles and was ready to do them, but at each mile marker, I had to convince myself to keep going. I just never got into it...however, I did complete it, even if it was so slow! I keep telling myself this:


But seriously, I felt like I was going to die. It looks like I'm going to have to A.) suck it up and keep doing it, B) get up earlier when it's slightly less hot/humid, or C.) run indoors. C is probably never going to happen and I'm guessing that A will be my best option. Gotta get used to running in FL heat again!

As a reward, I'm going to lay in the sun all morning/afternoon before coming home to write some more of my papers.



Was your run better than mine this morning? How do you deal with mental blocks/bad runs?

Happy Saturday!