Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Very Rude Wake-Up Call

I went to my second strength training class last night, and we did all bodyweight exercises. At the end of the class, I looked like this:

Dead, but still smiling

I love this class, but I seem to always be the sweatiest one in the class and the class KILLS me. Apparently, running and being a half marathoner does NOT mean that you are in shape. Very rude awakening. At the end, when we did burpee-mountain climber burnouts and I almost vomited. It was that good. We did 5 series of pushups, abs (these workouts changed), mountain climbers, body squats, lunges, single leg balances, and planks. Once we finished these five series, we did the burpee-mountain climber burnouts: a series of 5, followed by 4,3,2,1. I was the last to finish because I was dying, but I finished! During our last sets of planks, my elbows kept slipping because I was so disgusting. I was dripping sweat onto the floor, but the trainer was nice and said "I think I read somewhere that people who are in shape sweat more than those who are not in shape." If that's true, then I must not be in that bad of shape because I always am disgusting during my runs or workouts. 

After I got home, I foam rolled, but my little legs are SUPER sore! Today is most definitely a rest day. I invited the trainers out for a beer tonight, so we'll see if they show up. I'm really looking forward to class next week! 

Remember, if you want to watch my life fall apart this weekend because I'm not being a good role model, follow me on Twitter and watch it all unfold. Just don't judge me for it when you see some ridiculous tweets, because I forewarned you ;) 

What is your favorite bodyweight exercise?
---Mine is planks, by far.