Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Remaining 8 for 8 goals: May

In April, I wrote a post about the Nine Goals I had for the rest of the year (Thanks to OliveToRun for the inspiration). This was my goal for April:


Goal #1: April. Listen to my body's hunger signals instead of following a strict eating schedule. 
Right now, I basically follow a schedule when I'm eating. I wake up, run, eat breakfast, then two hours later I eat a snack, two hours later I eat lunch, etc., until bed time. The last few days, however, I've been HUNGRY. Not "hungry" like I want to eat all the time just because, but hungry with a grumbly tummy. So, I've been eating when my body tells me to, and it's working out really well so far :D 
How I did: I did really well with this challenge (in my opinion). I didn't track my calories on MyFitnessPal and ate when my body told me it was hungry. Some days I was hungrier than others, some days I was not hungry at all, but I fed my body what it wanted, when it wanted. One day, I was curious to see how I was doing and I plugged in what I had eaten that day to my food diary, and I was surprised to see that without consciously checking my calories, I was still getting everything I needed. Our bodies are amazing! 

My goal for May is this: 
Goal #2: May. Do not weigh myself for the entire month of May. 
We live in a society where we are controlled by the number on the scale. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't affected some days by the number on the scale. So, for the month of May (and hopefully longer), I will not weigh myself. It's going to be tough, but I think it's doable!
This morning, I hid my scale (I guess it's not really hiding if I know where it is, but it's out of sight) so that I would not be tempted to weigh myself in the morning. I'm hoping that by eating right, working out, and doing more strength training, I won't be focused on the numbers. My clothes fit fine and as long as it stays that way, who cares how much I weigh? I think this will be a really tough goal, but I am a strong woman and I have faith in myself! Having a positive body image is the key to a positive and happy lifestyle! Who cares what other people think about me?
And by bitches, I mean me. I (am learning to) love my body. 
There are still 8 months left in the year, what are your goals?