Monday, June 24, 2013

A Week of Awesome Running

Thank you to everyone who gave me their input on Thursday's post! Seriously, you guys are the greatest :D

After that horrible incident with vomit on the road during my long run two Thursday's ago, this past week was an awesome week for running. I didn't quite hit my 20-mile goal for the week, but I did hit 18 and I'm okay with that. I did 4 days of running in a row and ended up taking an extra rest day, but it was worth it for this beauty:


Last week's running was just one of those weeks where I felt amazing during every run and it reminded me of why I love to run. The sunrises, the sound of my feet hitting the pavement, and the fact that I WANTED to get up every morning and run was a combination of good that I haven't felt in such a long time. I'm happy to say, that even after three days off from running, that good feeling has carried over into this week so far. My run this morning was beautiful, and I'm sad I only did 3 miles, but I have another workout tonight, so I wanted to take it relatively easy. I'm going to have a weird running schedule this week, but I'm going to try and get in as many miles as my schedule allows because I definitely believe in this quote:



When was the last time you were reminded about why you run?

Happy Monday!