Monday, July 15, 2013

A Princess Weekend Recap

This weekend was perfect and amazing and I wish I could fill you in on Friday and Saturday, but I'm not quite ready to yet. Just believe that that's where the Princess treatment started :) I can tell you that I went to an all-vegetarian restaurant for the first time ever and I am in love. I cannot wait to go back. I didn't take any pictures of the building or my food because I was with someone who doesn't know about the blog yet, and I didn't want to scare them off ;) Also, for the first time in my life, I was really overwhelmed by a menu at a restaurant. There were so many choices that I was almost like:


Instead, I got a wrap with brown rice, spinach, purple cabbage, grilled tofu, and pineapple. AMAZING! Sorry that I don't have pictures to share :(

Sunday is where I was really in my Princess element. I met my BFF, Kelly (from Sarasota), at Disney at 9 am and it was PACKED! We had to take the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom because the monorail was too crowded and was being worked on. People were literally shoving us out of the way, but Kel and I somehow snagged a seat. As soon as we got to the park, Kelly exchanged her paper annual pass for her plastic one and I got a button saying it was my birthday. My birthday isn't really until the 31st, but since I'll be in Costa Rica, Kel and I wanted to celebrate before I left. The first thing we did was get Fast Passes for Space Mountain since it's Kelly's favorite ride, then we did my favorite thing:




Ariel was my favorite interaction of the day. We had a 10-minute conversation with her and taught her some marine biology trivia. She seriously set the tone for a great day. The best part? There was NO LINE to meet her, so we walked right up. That was actually a huge theme of our day. Even though there were a lot of people in the park, the longest we waited for ANYTHING was 20 minutes. After we met Ariel, we went on her ride and I was in Heaven. Next, we met the Fairy Godmother and got sprinkled with pixie dust:



We then used our fast passes and rode Space Mountain. Kelly and I made ridiculous faces at the camera and were screaming our heads off. The poor guy who was stuck in our car just laughed at us. We went on another ride and then stood in line before meeting Snow White, Kel's favorite princess. After we met Snow, we had lunch at the plaza (where I didn't take pictures of my food again). We split a brownie sundae (because when it's your birthday celebration you can do what you want) and walked around the park to more rides. Kelly and I went on Pirates of the Caribbean because we were hot and let me tell you, if you are in a boat by yourselves (which we were), that ride is SCARY! We kept getting startled and were screaming on the ride like little kids. I wonder what the people in the surrounding boats thought. After we got out of Pirates, we went to Epcot because that's where we had dinner reservations.

At Epcot, we headed to the world showcase and rode rides in Mexico and Norway. We had reservations at Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco and it was AMAZING! The decor was fun and there was a belly dancer, who was really talented. I would definitely go back!




Goat cheese sails


 Vegetable couscous


Assorted Baklava for my birthday

After we were stuffed, we met Jasmine and Aladdin. We obviously became BFFs. Aladdin and I had a 10-minute conversation and now we're gonna hang out and ride around Florida on his magic carpet.



Kelly and I then continued our World Tour and met Mary Poppins before we headed on some more rides.

After we rode Test Track and Nemo, we headed back to the Magic Kingdom to secure a spot for fireworks. Since we both were driving home, we stopped at the new Starbucks (it's been there 3 weeks) on Main Street and got some coffee to keep us awake on our respective drives:



Kel and I actually got a really great spot for fireworks viewing and the show was spectacular. After the fireworks, we power walked our way out of the park (we were both pros at this since we grew up in big cities) and got on the ferry to get back to our cars. By the time we got to our cars, we were exhausted and tired of people. I am so happy that we went, though, and it was a great way to celebrate my birthday. I LOVED that all the workers at Disney would say "Happy Birthday, Rachel" and that random people would say it, too. What can I say? I'm a Leo, we love being the center of attention ;)

How was your weekend? Who's your favorite Disney Princess?

P.S. If you're interested in writing a guest post for my blog while I'm away in Costa Rica, please e-mail me and let me know! I'm going to see if I can talk my sister into manning the blog and launching posts while I'm away (since I don't know how reliable the Internet will be) and I'd love to support some of my readers!