Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Taking It Easy

I decided on Monday morning when I woke up that I wanted to take this week easy. I don't even feel bad about it. Does that make me a bad healthy living blogger? No, I think that makes me a good human being.


After Sunday's adventures in Disney, I had planned on sleeping in on Monday morning. By sleeping in, I mean I slept until 7 am (naturally) instead of 5:45. Then, instead of working out right away, I laid in bed until 8. I got out of bed and had breakfast then and FINALLY went to the gym to run on the treadmill at around 9. I did an easy 3 miles and then came home and did some chores. Then I took a nap. I went to my strength class and they kicked my butt and I could barely walk up and down the stairs. I decided Monday night that I would see how I felt on Tuesday and that would determine whether or not I would run. When my alarm went off at 545 on Tuesday, I hit snooze.


I ended up doing a 2-mile shake out run on the treadmill later in the day before I called it quits. The funny thing about this whole "taking it easy" week? I'm not even upset. Usually, when I am feeling lazy or my body wants rest, I am angry or frustrated with myself for not wanting to workout. Instead, I'm embracing this lighter week of workouts. Because I am going to be on the clock 24/7 as a supervisor when I'm in Costa Rica for 2 weeks, I'm trying to catch up on my sleep and rest this week. I plan on running trails in CR (since my boss told me there are a lot of safe ones in the area), so I don't really anticipate that my fitness will suffer during my trip. It's also the time of the month where I am the most exhausted (sorry any male readers), so I'm letting my body rest and recover so that I can come back strong next week.


Do you have have "easy weeks?" Are they difficult for you to take? Have you ever run in a foreign country? I wasn't a runner the last time I was in CR, so I'm excited this time around!