Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Coconut Sweet Potato Fries

Since I have all of this coconut oil to use, I decided to try it on some sweet potato fries last night. I made this recipe in a hurry, so they're not as crunchy as I would have liked, but they were delicious! Also, sorry for the poor photo quality. I was in a hurry to eat and sometimes we just don't have time to make everything look beautiful.

Coconut Sweet Potato Fries


1 sweet potato, cut long-ways into fries
1 tbsp coconut oil
salt and pepper, to taste

Cut your sweet potato into fry shapes (is that a good description?). Combine salt, pepper, coconut oil, and fries into a bowl. Toss with spatula to coat with all ingredients. Bake at 375* for 18 minutes. I don't have this feature, but I would broil them for at least 5 minutes at the end to get crispier fries. Remove from the oven, and enjoy!

The coconut oil added a nice hint of flavor to the sweet potatoes. I really liked these, but I wish I had a broiler option to make them crisper. I might also try frying them in the coconut oil in a skillet next time. I also think adding shaved coconut might be fun. Play around with this and see what works for you, then come back and share, please :D 

What is your favorite way to eat sweet potatoes?! Do you have really good luck with getting your sweet potato fries to be crispy like fries?