Thursday, August 8, 2013

Goals Check-In: July Recap

Now that it's August, it's time to check in with how I did with July's goal. Can you believe it's AUGUST already?!


Goal number 4: Try at least one new thing a week.

During the first week of the month, I did my first run with fuel and compression socks. It made a world of difference and really helped me get in touch with listening to my body. I also got a concussion later that week. It was my first concussion... does that count as trying new things?

During the second week of July, I went on a date to a new restaurant. It was a first date with a new guy at a great VEGETARIAN restaurant. Amazing! Unfortunately, things aren't going to progress with that guy (long story and very unexpected, but I'm okay with it!), but it was still definitely a new and fun experience!


The following week was the first time I tried running at altitude. I didn't do too much running in Costa Rica and when I did run, a lot of it was at altitude and that was definitely a new experience for me. I only ran short distances (2ish miles), but it was TOUGH! I really loved the cool (cold to me) weather in the morning and I think that helped me from not dying 100%. The views weren't bad either.


During the final week of July, I milked a cow. That might not seem exciting to you guys, but I had so much fun and it was definitely a new experience. Farmers make it look so easy, but it was a lot of hard work! Also, how many people get to say that they've milked a cow in Costa Rica? I'm also happy I got to share it with a new BFFL!


Some of these are kind of lame and I don't think I really gave my best to this month's challenge. I think that if I put my mind to it, I could have done some really awesome things! Milking a cow was definitely fun and exciting though, and definitely something I had never thought I would do!


Goal number 5: Spending more time getting in touch with the people I love.

In today's society, it's easy to lose touch with the ones you love, even though we're so "connected." This month, I'm going to spend more time on the phone with my loved ones, writing letters to friends abroad, and genuinely having good conversations with the people I love the most. I'm excited for this challenge and I hope that it becomes a habit, since I've fallen into the trap of daily texts without much conversation that many of us are stuck in. 


What is your goal for August?