Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tofu & Veggie Coconut Fried Rice

I recently bought a large tub of coconut oil at Sam's Club ($15.58 for 54 oz), and I decided I would hop on the healthy living blogger train and try it out!


I decided to try my hand at fried rice (minus the eggs, because I hate them), and this is what I came up with!


Tofu & Veggie Coconut Fried Rice

1 serving tofu (I used pre-cubed)
2 cups brown rice, cooked according to package
1/2 onion
1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
Thai Coconut Seasoning, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

Cook rice according to package. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil and begin to brown the tofu. After the rice is cooked, add the rice, onion, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, and seasonings to the pan with to tofu. Add the second tbsp of coconut oil. Heat all vegetables through, stirring often. Enjoy!

What's your favorite way to use coconut oil?
I have so much of it, I need ideas!