Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tower of Terror 10-Miler Training Plan

With all of the traveling I have been doing lately, it's been tough to get my runs in and my strength training in the way that I would have liked to. However, I began training for the Tower of Terror 10-Miler in October on Monday, and I'm happy to be back into my schedule. I created my own training schedule based off of what I used for the Princess Half as well as including my strength and speed work that I have been doing all summer.

Here's what I've come up with:


Obviously, this training schedule is subject to change. I'm going to listen to my body and make sure that I'm not pushing myself too much. I'm doing my long runs on Mondays to set the tone for the rest of the week. It's also the only time that it fits into my schedule since I started my final year of grad school this week!

The strength training will be my strength class that I love so much and the speed work will be the toughest workout to get in for me. I'll be doing it on the treadmill, so if anyone has any great speed workouts for the tready, let me know, please!

Who else is training for something? What training plans do you use?