Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 1 #TOT10Miler Training Recap

Last week, I shared the training plan I created for the Tower of Terror 10-Miler I'm running in October. I officially started my training last week, and I have to say, it went better than I was anticipating! I was a little nervous about feeling worn down since Mondays and Wednesdays are heavier training days, but I felt great throughout the week. Here's what I did:

Monday

AM: 6 mile run, stretching, foam rolling
PM: 30 minutes elliptical, 1 hour strength class

Tuesday

AM: 3 mile shakeout run, stretching
PM: None

Wednesday

AM: 4 mile run, stretching
PM: 30 minutes elliptical, 1 hour strength

Thursday

AM: 3-mile run, stretching
PM: None

Friday

AM: 2 mile walk with my dad
Rest day

Saturday

AM: .5 mile warm up, 8 x 200 speed work outside (first time ever doing speed work outside), .5 mile cool down
PM: None

Sunday

Rest day

Total Mileage: 18 miles

I was surprisingly not ridiculously sore on Tuesday morning after Monday's hard workout. I was a little sore on Sunday, but I think that might be because I was sleeping in a different bed and was sleeping in weird positions. I also need to add some more foam rolling to my schedule.

Because this post is kind of boring and I haven't included any pictures, here's a photo of a spider whose web I almost ran into on Monday morning. Disgusting.


Also, if anyone has any suggestions of lights that they use for running in the dark (Cori suggested Knuckle Lights), please send them my way!

How were your workouts last week? What races are you training for? How many spider webs do you eat on a typical run?
--I always eat at least one spider web...sometimes more.