Thursday, September 5, 2013

Week 2 #TOT10Miler Training Recap

I'm a little behind with the recap this week because my weekend was a little crazy and I've been slacking...aka catching up on sleep I missed out on this weekend. On Saturday, I skipped my speed session because I woke up late, it was sunny, and I wanted to go to the beach. I'm not sorry about it. Speed hasn't worked it's way up in my heart, yet, so as long as I don't miss my distance runs, then I'm okay with missing a speed session. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear!

Monday

AM: 7 miles, stretching
PM: 30 minutes elliptical, 1 hour strength, foam rolling

Tuesday

AM: 3 miles, stretching, foam rolling
PM: None

Wednesday 

AM: 4 mile progression
PM: 40 minutes elliptical, 1 hour strength, foam rolling


Thursday

AM: 3 miles, stretching
PM: None

Friday

Rest

Saturday

Rest

Sunday

Rest

Total Mileage
17

As you can see, I had three rest days this week. My body felt pretty good going into my runs this week, but I don't think 3 rest days will become the norm for me. Also, all of my workouts on Wednesday killed me (as you can see by the sweat angel on the cement). Some days are just tougher than others!

How is your training going? What was your toughest workout last week?