Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week 3 #TOT10Miler Training Recap

It's hard to believe it's been three weeks since I started training for the Tower of Terror 10-Miler! It's even harder to believe that it's going to be here in three weeks (from Saturday)! This week's of training went MOSTLY according to plan, unlike last week. I did switch a couple days around, but I got in all of the workouts I had planned, with the exception of Monday's strength because the gym wasn't open on Labor Day.

Monday

AM: None
PM: 4 miles progression, stretch

Tuesday

AM: 3 miles (on the treadmill)
PM: None

Wednesday

AM: 8 miles, stretch, foam roll
PM: 40 minutes elliptical, 1 hour strength

Thursday

AM: 3 miles (on the treadmill)
PM: None

Friday

Rest

Saturday

AM: 5 minute warm up @ 6 mph
        4 x 400 @ 8.0 mph
        3 minute cool down @ 6 mph
Total: 2.1 miles
PM: None

Sunday

Rest

Total Mileage: 20.1 miles

As you can see, I did TWO treadmill runs this week. Who am I? If you know me at all, you know that I'm not a treadmill person, AT ALL! I used it because I was afraid of being outside in the dark. Again, I didn't take any pictures this week, so here are some corgis on a treadmill. Just because.