Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Crispy Eggplant Tacos

I'm saving you all from a weekend recap because this weekend wasn't anything really different. I drank a lot, hung out with a cute boy (that's all you're getting for now), and slept all Sunday. So, instead of boring you with the details, I'm going to share a new recipe with you!

Crispy Eggplant Tacos


1/2 Eggplant, peeled and chopped into about 15 pieces
1/4 zucchini, shredded
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 almond milk
2 tortillas (I used small corn tortillas)
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tomato, chopped for garnish
hot sauce, to taste

Melt coconut oil in a frying pan. While coconut oil is melting, dip eggplant pieces into almond milk and then into breadcrumbs until coated. After all pieces are coated, fry in the coconut oil until crispy. Shred zucchini and place onto your tortillas (I didn't cook it, but you can if you want). Top with crispy eggplant. Garnish with tomatoes and hot sauce and enjoy! 

I ate this entire recipe myself, but the eggplants fell out of the tortillas, so this could totally serve two people. I just really love food.

How do you like your eggplant? What are your favorite kinds of tortillas?