Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Year in Review

Today, I am stronger than I was a year ago. One year ago, fresh out of my breakup, I was looking at today, December 31st, as what would have been my third anniversary with my ex-boyfriend. Today, I'm looking at it as an end to an amazing year and the beginning of a year that will top 2013.

Let's take a look at what made this year super special (and awesome) for me :)

1. I started a blog, mainly so I would stop bombarding my friends and family on Facebook with fitness/food

2. I ran my first half marathon (are you guys tired of seeing this mentioned?)


3. I met a boy I really liked, who hurt my heart. I moved on and showed him how fabulous I truly am. Your loss, buddy ;)

4. I went to Costa Rica for work (and turned 23)


5. I ran my first 5k 

6. I got to go home for the first time in almost a year, to celebrate my best friend's wedding

7. I started spending A LOT of time with a handsome boy ;)


8. I swam with dolphins quite a few times

9. I had Thanksgiving with a fraternity and it was the most ridiculous Thanksgiving of my life


10. I started training for the Princess Half again

11. I am healthy

12. I am home with my family for the holidays

Yes, there were some downs in this year, but overall, life was pretty good to me in 2013. Here's hoping that 2014 can top that!

And with that, I leave you with an appropriate song by my favorite Matt Nathanson, "Farewell December":



What was great about your year? Are you ready for 2014?

Happy New Year