Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Most Ridiculous Thanksgiving Ever

After receiving some news that made me pretty blue on Wednesday evening, I was more than excited to spend Thanksgiving with one of the most ridiculous groups of people I know here in Florida -- the Lambda Chis. For those of you who do not know, Lambda Chi Alpha is a fraternity at my University. I met them at my favorite bar last year and have been friends with a good group of them ever since. To say that this Thanksgiving was going to be ridiculous would be an understatement.


I originally woke up at 4 am because I was stressed out and couldn't sleep, but after a bowl of oatmeal, I crawled back into bed and slept until my alarm went off at 8:45. I had it set for 8:45 so that I could get up and watch the parade and begin cooking for 30+ people.


As I watched the parade, I peeled roughly 8 pounds of potatoes, chopped up veggies to add to my own personal stuffing, cooked cranberries for homemade cranberry sauce, and made cheddar biscuits. I don't have a mixer, so I had to mash all 8 pounds of potatoes by hand, but at least I got a good arm workout in! Plus, I had so many mashed potatoes that Bam Bam got to enjoy a bowl for breakfast when he finally woke up at 11:30.


I got to the Thanksgiving festivities around 1:30 and by the time I got there, everyone who was there already was HAMMERED. I was far behind in the endeavor. People were enjoying appetizers (none of which this vegetarian could enjoy), playing games, and just being overall ridiculous. We didn't eat until about 4 pm, but I just spent time enjoying the company of these ridiculous boys.

After dinner, all hell broke loose. One kid knocked himself out, so we decided it was time for him to go home. His little brother and I got him into the car, but he kept trying to escape. We finally got him to his house, but he continued to struggle. We got him into his room, where he punched his little brother in the face and pushed me into the door frame as he charged out the door down the street. He was weaving in between houses when he was finally tackled and brought home. It was literally the most ridiculous hour of my life. We thought we were done with him, but he showed back up to the party 2 hours later and had no recollection of the events. Ridiculous.


The rest of the party was less eventful, but we did continue to enjoy good food, drinks, games, and fun. Bam Bam had to work, but when he picked me up at 9, all the boys had either gone to bed or gone home and I had helped the host clean up the house so that it wouldn't be disgusting in the morning. Also by that time, I had caught up to the boys in terms of alcohol consumption (don't judge me), so Bam Bam got to have fun dealing with my antics at home. My favorite part of the after party? Finding a plastic fork in my bandeau when I was searching for my cell phone. Not so sure where it came from, but I laughed for a good 15 minutes. I don't remember much between then and bed, but I do know that I actually felt GREAT in the morning when I woke up (I actually slept in). Day drinking is the best.



How was your Thanksgiving? Anything ridiculous happen?

P.S. Don't forget that my giveaway ends TONIGHT at 11:59 pm!