Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 3 #PrincessHalf Training Recap

It's hard to believe that I'm already 3 weeks into training for the Princess Half and that the race is less than 2 months away! Here's what last week looked like:

Sunday

Rest
2 hours at the zoo

Monday

8 mile run (5 of the 8 miles were below 10 minutes! :D )

Tuesday

Rest (it was freezing, so I didn't want to venture out)

Wednesday

3 mile run (I ran 9:36, 9:36, and 9:18, just amazed that I could run two miles at the exact same pace?)

Thursday

4 mile run

Friday

3 mile run (9:03, 9:18, 8:56; I need to work on figuring out my splits and getting them to not be so crazy)

Saturday

Speed The speed workout was kind of a fail. I did 0.70 miles and then stopped because I kept slipping on black ice.

Total Miles: 18.7 miles

This week was pretty cold and uneventful, but it was nice to run on Christmas! It was so quiet and peaceful out there. Today and Tomorrow are supposed to be frigid...so we'll see how my workouts change.

How was your training? Did you run on Christmas?