Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Focusing on the Good, despite the Goodbye

Many of you may have known that I have been dating a young man, whom I affectionately refer to as Bam Bam on the blogosphere, but what you didn't (or might not have known) know is that he's Active Duty in the Air Force and is deploying this weekend for 6 months. I was dreading that deployment because I didn't want to be away from him, but we were planning on trying it out. Well, if you follow me on Twitter, you may have figured out that Monday night, we decided otherwise. It didn't end poorly, it just came down to bad timing. Even the right thing at the wrong time is the wrong thing. I'm just happy that he will have happy memories of us to take with him, even if we can't be together. And while my heart is hurting so badly and this is going to be hard, I'm going to take this time to focus on me and focus on all the good things I have coming up in my life.

So what exactly are some things I'm going to focus on?

1. Two half marathons in February



2. Graduation!!!!!! In May, I will be a Master of Science ;)

3. You might remember that I mentioned in my goals that I wanted to run more races this year UNLESS I gave myself a huge gift to celebrate graduation -- well, I'm going to do it. When I graduate, I want to take a trip to EUROPE! That being said, any help from travelers who can help me plan a budget trip would be WONDERFUL! I don't have a TON of money, but I'm saving my pennies right now so that I can have this wonderful experience. Please, please, please help me out if you can!

I'm so excited for these upcoming opportunities. I have to constantly remind myself that I am young (I'm only 23, for goodness sake) and that I have the world at my fingertips. I'm excited for the rest of 2014!

Have you been to Europe? Can you help me out?! What are you excited for this year?