Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Training Plan

So...I signed up for another half marathon. In the middle of training for the Princess Half. Enter The Melbourne Music Half Marathon:


The tech t-shirts and medals are made from recycled materials -- appealing to this environmentalists heart. Plus, I was supposed to run 13 that week anyway... or so I thought.

Apparently, I do not know how to read my training plan. I have my training plan set up so that Sunday is the beginning of the training week and not the ending of the week. That being said, I'm supposed to run 13 the week BEFORE the half marathon and 14 the week of the half marathon. Now, I need help figuring out what I should do about my training plan. Should I change it? Leave it as is? I've already made some modifications, but the yellow is where I'm still confused about what I should do (ignore the purple, I drafted this post last week before I had finished my training for that week). Thoughts?


I'm planning on using this half marathon as a training run because one of my goals for 2014 was to beat my time from last year at the Princess Half, but I just need to figure out how to rearrange my training plan now..or if I even need to. I'd love any input!

Have you ever run multiple long distance races in one month? Have you ever added a race and disrupted your training schedule?