Wednesday, January 8, 2014

One Year Blog-iversary

Uh, somehow this just snuck up on me, but today is my ONE YEAR BLOG-IVERSARY! It's hard to believe that I've been typing away at my little corner of the internet for an entire year! Feel free to look at my first post and laugh at me.

I have learned a lot over the past year, but I am still totally a newbie blogger. I don't know how to do any cool things with my blog and I can barely remember to hit "publish" on time so that you guys can see my rants and ramblings. It's been an amazing experience to have friends, family, and fellow bloggers contact me to ask questions, talk about fitness, or to just pass on words of encouragement. Thank YOU to everyone who reads my lil blog and for some reason keeps coming back for more ;)

I have been lucky to meet a reader and a fellow blogger, but I look forward to meeting some more of my blogger friends in the future. Princess Half? Road Trips? Let's get together! I'm excited to see where this next year takes me in terms of life and blogging.

I know that there are usually giveaways that come along with one year blog-iversary, but this diva is poor since I haven't worked in 3 weeks and this blog-iversary snuck up on me (I'm a really bad blogger), so I am sharing a new recipe with you :)

Butternut Squash Fettuccine with Broccoli Pesto


1/3 box of fettuccine
1 butternut squash
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper
1 bag spinach
1/2 carton of mushrooms
broccoli pesto (halve the recipe)
hot sauce (to taste)
1/2 tomato (for garnish)
parmesan cheese (for garnish)
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. As the oven is preheating, peel and chop the butter nut squash. Add to a bowl. Chop one bell pepper into medium sized junks. Add to the bowl with the butternut squash, add olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss together. Put onto a pan and roast for 30 minutes. Sautee one bag of spinach and the mushrooms together and drain (if needed). Cook the fettuccine according to the instructions on the box. While everything is cooking, make your broccoli pesto. When the pasta is finished, drain and return to pot. Add the squash, bell peppers, spinach, and mushrooms. Mix together. Add the pesto and hot sauce and mix together. Plate, garnish with tomatoes and cheese, and enjoy!


Hopefully, you all want to be vegetarians now ;) Thank you again SO much for supporting my little blog and I hope you stick around! Love you all SO much!

How long have you been blogging? What is your favorite vegetable? Any other vegetarians reading?