Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thinking Out Loud #1

I have decided today to link up with Running with Spoons (and a ton of other fabulous bloggers) for Thinking out Loud!


1. Running while bronchitis-ing is difficult. I made it a total of 2.47 miles on Tuesday. Why did I try? I woke up and was hungry for the first time in DAYS and decided that it must mean I could run. I was wrong. I made it approximately 2.1 miles before I started wheezing and then 0.37 miles longer before I began to suffocate. Yesterday, I made it 3 miles before I nearly collapsed on the sidewalk.

2. Speaking of bronchitis, I've been going crazy because I was cooped up in the house by myself on Sunday and Monday, so I willingly went to class on Tuesday, even though I know that I could have milked my illness to get out of it. I kindly e-mailed my teacher ahead of time to tell him I might be hacking...and he made me sit in the back by myself. So much for ditching isolation.

3. I went to three different doctors in a matter of two days, and only one of them was sickness related. One doctor, who I went to for an annual exam, recommended that I take vitamin supplements because I'm "probably deficient due to the vegetarian diet." She didn't even test my levels, so I don't know if I should go with that. 

4. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't stressed out about my major reduction in exercise these last few days. I skipped strength training last night because it exhausts me to be out of the house for longer than 3 hours at a time and I am always ready for bed by 7 pm with this sickness, but I know my body needs it.

5. I need help creating a tutu before Saturday. I'm going to Gasparilla and I need to play the part of a pirate. Obviously, pirates wear tutus, right?

6. I may have diva-ed out at my mom when she told me she wasn't comfortable with me traveling alone to Europe. My exact words were "Well, I'm going either way." Her response? "I know you are." 

7. I have been seeing a bunch of "step outside your comfort zone" posts on social media lately. One of my new favorites was tweeted to me by Allyson:

8. While I'm happy 99.8% (that's not an exaggeration) of the time, sometimes I do get sad. Because I've been cooped up by myself more than normal this week, and because Bam Bam has officially left the country, I've had a lot of time to think about our decision and it makes me sad sometimes. 

9. That being said, when talking to my friends/family about it doesn't cheer me up, I listen to this song because how can you not be happy when you hear it?



My favorite line: "Well I should warn you I'll be just fine, yeah, no offense to you, don't waste your time, here's why: because I'm happy" I'm pretty sure this song was written to be my theme song.

What's on your mind this Thursday?