Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 6 #PrincessHalf Training Recap

Another week is in the books! Just about two weeks left until my first half marathon of the year and guess what? I have bronchitis! I am hoping to get into the doctor and get a Z-pak (I HATE taking medication) so I can just kick this out of my system and be able to run both races. Here's my week of training

Sunday

Rest

Monday 

3 miles
**Skipped strength because of the conversation with Bam Bam**

Tuesday

1 measly mile speed work

Wednesday

4-miles
**Felt progressively sluggish throughout the day, so skipped strength again**

Thursday

11 miles (so much better than last week, but forgot my fuel and water in the car)

Friday

3 miles
30 minutes elliptical, 1 hr strength

Saturday

Rest

Total: 22 miles

I'm hoping that this week of training isn't affected too much by this lung infection I've got going on. If I had to get it at all, I just wish it would have hit me AFTER Princess Half!

How was your training this week? Is anyone else sick?