Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 7 #PrincessHalf Training Recap

Or should I say....the week that basically wasn't. I've been battling bronchitis since last Sunday, so last week's training was basically non-existent.

Sunday

Rest

Monday

Put on my running clothes, walked around my house....then went straight to the doctor

Tuesday

2.47 miles. You can run 2.1 miles with bad bronchitis before you start wheezing...then you can run 0.37 miles longer until you suffocate.

Wednesday

3 miles

Thursday

20 minutes stationary bike -- easy. I reached my lung capacity around that time and started to cough

Friday

30 minutes stationary bike
1 hour strength
---The strength class was difficult for me and I had to make a lot of adjustments since I did a 30 minute warm-up and had reached my lung capacity, but I'm glad I did it.

Saturday

LOTS of walking and standing outside (and drinking) for Gasparilla. When the sun went down and I was still outside, I started coughing again.

Total miles: 5.5

I'm feeling a lot better than I was, but there's still some lingering in my chest...so I'm hoping this week's training is better since the Melbourne Music Half is this Sunday!

I saw this on Pinterest and I definitely need to remember this whenever I panic about not running a lot last week. I have trained for this event, and I need to trust that training.


How was your week of running? Have you ever had any setbacks so close to a race?