Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend: The In-Between

I obviously had to kill some time in between expo day and the race itself, so I filled that time with visits to the park as well as time with Karen and April since I missed them at #runnerslove the day before! I should probably fill you in on why I am solo in all (almost) of these pictures. My cheer squad has a family emergency and couldn't make it last minute, so I had the opportunity to explore the parks alone. It was actually super fun and since I have no problem talking to strangers, I never felt "alone."

Friday

Friday evening, I spent time in Magic Kingdom. I met Tigger and Pooh (whose line is always so long), went on Ariel's Grotto (and some other rides), and played around until I met up with a friend in Orlando.


Our night in Orlando consisted of some yummy guacamole, a few drinks, and lots of dancing before I called it an early night (for me) and left her with one of her friends. I'm so glad I left early because I went back to the hotel and strapped on my compression socks and went to sleep.


Saturday

I woke up at 430, saw the tweets about everyone who was running the Enchanted 10k, wished Lauren luck, and then forced myself to sleep until 745 (sleeping in for me!). I got up, got ready, got some breakfast, and then hit the parks. I started at Hollywood Studios, the park where I hardly ever go, and met Daisy Duck, Chip and Dale, rode some rides, and got myself a new pair of ears!




Then, I went to Pop Century to see Karen and her family and sit by the pool for a while. It was raining off and on, but I had tons of fun chatting with Karen and April. We did a good job of embarrassing Karen's teenage daughter ;)

Photo courtesy of Karen and her daughter

I then headed to Epcot where I tried to meet Elsa and Anna (2.5 hour wait, I didn't wait), ate an early dinner, and headed back to my hotel. I was in bed and asleep by 8 pm and it was glorious.


Stay tuned for the race recap coming tomorrow!


Who is your favorite Disney character? Which is your least favorite (or least visited) of the Disney parks?