Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ignite Naturals In Refresh Review

Hi all! Sorry I've been kinda MIA the last few days. I'm actually out of town at the moment, so I haven't had much time to blog. I'm at Island Dolphin Care, busy translating for them and helping out the newest interns. By next week, I should be back to a regular schedule :)

I actually have a product review for you guys, today! A couple weeks ago, I was contacted by Ignite Naturals asking if I would provide some feedback about their IN Refresh Electrolytes products. I agreed and was sent a box of samples (three flavors) and their plastic, purist water bottle.

Ignite Naturals is a company that produces natural, plant based products to help athletes perform their best. From their website:

The flavors available in the electrolyte powders are Dragonfruit Lemon Lime, Tangerine Passion Fruit, Blueberry, Kona Blend, and Prickly Pear (per the website). I was sent Dragonfruit Lemon Lime, Tangerine Passion Fruit, and Blueberry, which I believe is their variety pack option in a 10-pack box.


The first flavor that I tried was the Dragonfruit Lemon Lime. What I noticed was that the powder did not smell funny (like some plant-based powders do) and that the powder appeared to mix evenly when shaken.

I first added only a little bit of water and the powder was too tart, so I filled my purist water bottle to the top and that helped the powder taste better to me. What I have found about all of the flavors is that the flavor is not too sweet or overpowering, as Powerade or Gatorade can sometimes be. I tested all of the flavors a few times. One was before a run (right when I woke up), one was after a workout, as well as after a night out ;) I definitely think that the extra electrolytes helped me perform and recover faster than water alone (which I typically drink, even after long runs). My favorite flavor was the blueberry and I thought that the other two flavors tasted better with ice in them. However, the more I try the Tangerine Passion Fruit, the more I like it. Watch out, blueberry ;)

Overall, I would purchase these powders again. I think that they would be great to have during long runs in the summer or after all of my runs here in FL. The price for a 10-pack box is incredibly reasonable and I don't feel like I'm drinking straight sugar or straight chemicals. All of their nutrition facts are available online, but here is a sample of some of the stats.

Head over to Ignite Naturals if you want to purchase some of your own! Stay tuned, I have some more fun things from IN in the works ;)

Disclaimer: While I received a 10-pack of IN Refresh and a purist water bottle for free, I received no other compensation for this post and as always, all opinions expressed are my own.