Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Recentering and Refocusing

Thanks for everyone who checked in with me on Monday's post! I'm glad that my decision to buy that bag for Europe seems to be a good one ;) As Karen pointed out, she thought that wrote that I was currently living in the bag, which I would actually love to do ;) Things have been crazy here, as mentioned, and I THOUGHT they were slowing down, but it turns out that only next week will they slow down just a bit. After that, everything picks back up. That being said, I think it's time for me to recenter myself and refocus on my values and what makes me happy.

I haven't been myself lately. I've been cranky and stressed out, letting negativity get a hold of me more than I ever have. A few weeks ago, when my house exploded, began my unraveling. On top of dealing with all of that drama, I've been dealing with some personal drama as well. Someone said something to me that was malicious and incredibly hurtful and resulted in me shedding A LOT of tears. Now, normally, I don't let anything get to me (or I usually just brush it off and try and focus on the good), but as I found out on Monday night, I was harboring a huge amount of resentment towards this person. It all festered to the surface on Monday night and it wasn't my shining moment. However, it was a wakeup call.

Instead of continuing to focus on the negativity and being a brat, I am making a conscious effort to refocus on the good in my life. Here are a few of the things that are helping me feel a little bit more like me:

Running A constant and my one, true, love. 

(Recycled from 4th of July)

A visit from my best friend. Is it possible that our girlfriends are our soul mates, as suggested by the ladies of Sex and The City? I believe so. This weekend with my bestie was EXACTLY what I needed and I am so thankful she was here when I basically imploded. It's always nice to be with a friend who makes you feel like yourself, takes the best care of you, and is always on your side. I am lucky.



Packages from Blogger Friends I won the Canadian Goodies giveaway on Rebecca's blog. I didn't have a chance to open it on Monday when I got it out of my mailbox, but on Tuesday morning, when I was feeling particularly down and bad about myself, I opened up the package and found this painting:

Her son painted it for me. It definitely made my heart smile.

My goodies :) 

Travel Plans Europe is only 60 days away from today. I need it so much. My soul is feeling restless and I cannot wait to travel. I don't feel like I have totally lost myself, but I do feel the need to wander... as I usually do when I feel my time in a place is running low.


These are just a few of the items that I am valuing in my life. There are many more, but life is too short to simply list all of the things we are thankful for instead of enjoying life and showing gratitude through actions.

What are your favorite ways to get back to yourself?