Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I Should Graduate More Often

...or not, because it's exhausting. But I really do love being the center of attention ;)

As many of you know, I graduated on Saturday!!

Master of Science

My parents have been here since Friday and it's been a non-stop flurry of activities. When they got in, we got dinner right away, went grocery shopping, and then I went out. On Saturday, I went to undergraduate graduation, because 4 of my best friends (plus 15 of my other close friends) graduated, then I ran home and got my parents and returned for my ceremony. After that, I took my parents to a graduation party with the Lambda Chis (my guy friends are in that fraternity) and they had a BLAST!

Hawaiian themed

Never would I have ever expected that my conservative father would have a blast at a fraternity party, but he did.

On Sunday, my mom and I went to the beach before we took my dad to a baseball game. After the game, my mom and I went to another friend's graduation party (this was much more calm).


Yesterday, I had my last physical therapy appointment (I am hoping to run in the next two weeks). Then, we went to the beach again, where we saw two sharks, pelicans, and my mom had a run-in with some waves. She's fine,  she just took a few tumbles and her bathing suit got filled with sand, but it was hilarious. 


Afterwards, we came home and I went to work! After work, I came home and one of my best friends, D, came over for tacos with my parents and I. I think that was the most relaxing we had done since Friday. I opted out of getting margaritas with my girlfriends (who am I?) and decided to go to bed early instead! 

This weekend was definitely a whirlwind weekend, and I think graduating was just as hard as grad school itself...

What was the highlight of your weekend? Was it busy or relaxing?