Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Injury Update

First of all, thank you ALL so much on your input for job searching. I'm interviewing for a job today and am still waiting to hear back from my job of a lifetime (they seemed really interested in me and then haven't responded in about a week, so maybe I jinxed it by asking your guys' opinions ;) ). I'm hoping for the best, though! Positive thinking based on that e-mail I responded to a week ago! 


It's been a while since I've last updated you on the hamstring. I'm still not running, and I was hoping to be running this week, but my hamstring was tight from a long road trip these last two days. I'm going to give myself another week to recover, and I'm hoping to start running again while I'm in Europe. In the mean time, I've been loving the combination of elliptical and weights or rowing machine and weights. The rower is my new favorite.

I can still look ugly

I finished physical therapy last Monday and I have to be honest, it wasn't really much of anything. On my first day, I rode the bike for ten minutes, had a consultation with the therapist, stretched for ten minutes, then he massed me and iced me for 15 more minutes. The next two sessions, I rode the bike for 10 minutes, did squats, leg presses, calf stretches, stretched for 10 minutes, massaged and iced again. That was it for physical therapy. Also, the massages left me stiffer than I would have expected them too.


I'm keeping on with my stretching and, like I already mentioned, I am hoping to be able to start running again starting next week. I really am feeling a lot better, but I have to admit, I'm scared to start running again. It seemed as though the doctor was expecting me to run before I see him again on the 23rd of June, so I know I will have to suck it up and get out there!

I miss these guys

P.S. I leave for Europe in 6 days. Can you believe that? I'm planning on attempting to blog from my phone while I am still there (most likely photo dumps with a few words), but don't expect TOO much from me (not that I've been giving you a lot lately, anyway) because I'm trying not to be glued to my phone like I am here! 

Has an injury ever kept you out longer than you anticipated? How attached are you to your cell phone?