Monday, May 19, 2014

TODAY IS THE DAY!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!  I am leaving for Europe today!! Depending on when you're reading this, I'm either en route to JFK or sitting at JFK for six hours. Since I'm traveling so long today, I'm teaming up with Emma Powers and RelayRides, a peer-to-peer car rental service in the US.

Emma contacted me a couple weeks ago with a fun challenge. She said that RelayRides was hosting a "Road Trip Essentials" campaign and would like people to create collages of what participants HAVE to have when traveling. 

Granted, I'm not going on a road trip, but I do bring all of the same travel necessities with me on plane trips and road trips. Here is a small collage of what I need to bring on any travel and keep in my purse!

[made by Photovisi]
Top left: Miscellaneous items
---This trip is including handy wipes, my cellphone charger, and deodorant. I don't know about any one else, but riding in a car or riding on a plane for an extended period of time, I feel gross and smelly. The wipes and the deodorant are to help me freshen up on the go.

Top right: Snacks
---If you know me in person, you know that I LOVE to eat. In fact, if you look at my Instagram, there are probably as many pictures of  food items as there are running/running related items. My mom got a killer deal on Larabars at the grocery store yesterday (10 for $10, with the 11th free) and I made two GIANT bags of trail mix. Think I have enough snacks for a month?

Bottom left: Travel Buddy
---I'm nearly 24 years old, but I cannot go anywhere without my Moose. I can't sleep without him and I thought I forgot him on my trip back to IL (that's where I flew out of), but my sneaky mom picked him up and smuggled him to our first hotel to surprise me. He has been to various SE states as well as to Costa Rica. He's super excited to go to Europe (or though I'm assuming). It'll be nice to have a tiny bit of home with me during my travels.

Bottom Right: Reading materials
---I have two magazines for my flight and my time to kill in JFK, then I put two books on my Kindle. I figure (and am hoping) that the only time I will have to read will be during my travel, so I'm hoping that this is enough reading for the duration of my trip! I don't do well if I try to read in a car/bus, so this will be for flights or when I can't feel myself moving ;) 

And these are some of my travel essentials!! Not very exciting, but totally me! Not pictured: My water bottle that goes EVERYWHERE with me. Also, I will miss you guys a BUNCH and will try to post (at least wellness updates), but I will most likely not be commenting on anyone's blogs. Just wait patiently for me ;) 

What are some of your travel essentials?


Edited to add: the original post included quoted information directly from the email I received. The excerpt from the email has since been removed, per request of RelayRide.