Monday, June 30, 2014

The Great Adventure: London (Day 1)

I've been busy catching up with friends, working (and getting my Vitamin D on the beach), so that's where I've been the last few days. I have SO much to share from my time in London, but it has to be broken up to three (if not four) posts. London is so huge and I did SO much. This one is basically a HUGE photo dump... So get ready!

London

Millenium Bridge (Harry Potter friends, recognize this from Deathly Hallows?)

The Globe Theatre (Shakespeare Theatre) 

The Changing of the Guards

The Changing of the Guards

We were actually really close and had a great view of the changing of the guards, but we were on the opposite side of the Buckingham Palace entrance. That meant that we missed some of the activities behind the gate, but we still got some really great pictures! 


Fish and Chips (I wasn't impressed)


Does it look like I'm running into the wall? I also look like I belong in the Weasley family with how red my hair looks! 

With my friend, K! (one of the few times I was with friends this trip)

The London Eye

In my experience, the price for the London Eye was NOT worth it, but I am glad that I did it just to say that I've done it! 

Tower Bridge

Tower of London

Victim of Jack the Ripper

We did a Jack the Ripper tour with the cutest tour guide ever. It was cheap, but he was the best part of the tour. I do wish that there were more remnants leftover from the crime (as in actual locations), but it was still a good time. This photo is from the location where one of Jack the Ripper's victims were found. 

Have you ever done a tour of a city's Dark History? Who are my Harry Potter friends who recognized the Millennium Bridge before I gave a hint?