Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sweet Potato Nachos

So, this recipe is a work in progress, but I really enjoyed it, so I thought I would share it! It's super simple and uses some of my favorite ingredients!

Sweet Potato Nachos


(serves 1 person)

1 large sweet potato
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1/2 zucchini, sliced
1/4 white onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 375*. Slice sweet potato into thin slices. On a greased pan, lay down sweet potato slices. Top with spinach (important that spinach is first so that it softens and not burns) and other toppings. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes and enjoy!

** I topped mine with a dollop of Chobani non-fat plain yogurt and hot sauce. The sweet potatoes also were a little soft, so if anyone has any suggestions as how to crisp them up, let me know!! I enjoyed some with a fork, but definitely picked up some pieces like real nachos! 

What's your favorite way to enjoy sweet potatoes? What do you like on your nachos?