Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Great Adventure: Berlin

FINAL Europe Recap (I promise for real). Just in time for me to go to Costa Rica and the BIG MOVE!

Berlin

Berlin is definitely an old city, and it has so much history. I spent the first evening walking around and getting a feel for the city. I stopped at Checkpoint Charlie, the Currywurst Museum (where I got the best potato salad ever), and just took in the sights! Also, it was incredibly hot.


Vegetarian Currywurst 




Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp

This was by far one of the highlights of my trip. I felt as though my soul had been ripped from my body as soon as I stepped foot onto the grounds and even after my visit, I don't think I can fully comprehend what it means to not have freedom. Truly, a humbling experience. 










I would have gladly payed 10+ Euros for the experience I had... it was so amazing and so worth it. 

Rest of Berlin


THE BEST CHOCOLATE EVER





And that, my friends, concludes our return trip to Europe! Back to our regularly scheduled programming...eventually!

Where is your dream destination? What is your favorite type of chocolate?