Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Great Adventure: THE QUEEN!

This is my last post for London.... but I'll try and recap Germany in one or two posts (even though it was my favorite place). But, I'm sure you're all tired of looking at these pictures and miss the running talk (although that's been gone for a long time), so things should find a new normal around here soon enough!

This post is all about the time I saw the Queen and the Royal Family :) I went back to London before I came back to America (after Germany) so that I could attend the Queen's Royal Birthday Celebrations. Although she was born in April, it is custom for reigning monarchs to celebrate their birthdays on the second Saturday in June!

London

The Queen is in! (That's what that flag means)





Royal Family! Kate Middleton is in the white next to the middle pillar

That little teeny lady in the blue is the queen (behind the horse butts)


William in red in front of the pillar, Kate next to him, Harry next to her, and the queen in the front middle! 


Seeing the Queen and the Royal family was definitely a highlight of my trip. Prince Harry was driven right past me on his way into the castle before the parade began! Unfortunately, he didn't fall in love with me, so he won't take over my student loans and make me into a princess. I think it was because he saw me eating a smashed peanut butter and jelly sandwich out of my purse. 

Have you ever seen a famous person? What is your favorite part of a parade?