Monday, August 11, 2014

I'm Here! A Brief Life Update

Hi hi! I know I've been gone for a while, but the last few weeks have been incredibly hectic. So, what have I been up to?

Packing:

I packed up all of my things before I left for Costa Rica so that my parents could come down while I was out of the country, pack up my car, and bring some of my stuff back to their home in Chicago to store while I am in the Bahamas!


Traveling: 

I just spent the last two weeks in Costa Rica working with the camp I worked for last summer! It was SO much better this year than it was last year, and my kids were GREAT! Granted, there were a few incidents, but overall, it was wonderful. Except for the fact that we didn't see any sea turtles...which is the entire reason why we went to Costa Rica in the first place. At least the kids understood that that is how nature works! 






Running:

Running took a backseat in Costa Rica because of monsoon like conditions and the fact that I was chaperoning 9 teenagers. So, my pre-injury fitness/body is still out of reach at the moment. I know I'll get there eventually, but I'm really going to take the time to recommit myself. I would love to run a half marathon in the winter, but we'll see! 

Waiting:

I had planned on being in the Bahamas today, August 11, but my visa is taking longer than expected to process due to some hiccups. So, I'm currently homeless (I am living in my friend's living room) and waiting it out. I'm hoping to be in the Bahamas by this weekend, but keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

That's it for now! 

What have you been up to? How's your running been?