Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Motivation for the Holidays

Now that the holidays are approaching and I'm STILL attempting to get back into shape/running more , I decided to create a training plan for me to stick to to motivate me to keep running. It's going to be difficult to motivate me to run when I'm visiting my parents in the snow for Christmas, especially because I'm not training for Princess Half this year, so I'm hoping that this training plan will help me maintain fitness and motivation. 


As you can see, I'm keeping the mileage relatively low. For the first 4 weeks, I'm only going to be running 3 days a week. Then, I'm going to add in a 4th day during the week. Maybe I'll eventually build back up to the mileage/fitness I was at when I got injured in February. It's really been hard not to compare myself to where I was a year ago. It's been really hard to be two minutes slower when running my easy runs than where I was eight months ago. I know it's my fault for not getting back into things right away, but instead of sulking, I'm going to try and put in the work to get back to an area where I'm happy with my running.

Also, see those "Days" blocks in my training sheet? I'm doing a 90 Day Ab Challenge. My friend is a personal trainer and created this challenge last year. I decided to do it this time around to improve my core and maybe pick up some more speed. You can find the group here if you're interested! 

How will you stay motivated during the holidays? How many days a week do you run?