Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Obligatory End of the Year Post {2014}

I recently posted about my running goals and how 2014 did not shape up to be my year in running.

Despite all of that, though, 2014 was a pretty great year for me. It started off rough, with a breakup that I didn't want to happen, but went up from there. That breakup definitely spurred the purchase of my trip to Europe at the end of January, but I'm thankful for that relationship. We went on a couple dates when he got back from deployment, but that was two weeks before I moved to the Bahamas. It's clear there's still a connection, but timing was never our thing. Everything happens for a reason!

In February, I ran two half marathons and PR'd in both of them!


I got hurt shortly thereafter, but I passed my Oral Comps exam for grad school in April! 


In May, I graduated and left for Europe! I spent a month abroad, sometimes with friends, but mostly on my own, and had the best experience ever! 

I came back for a month, then left for Costa Rica! I was there for two weeks and then came home for two weeks...when I then moved to the Bahamas!!


It's hard to believe that I've been in the Bahamas for 4 months already and that I'm returning in a few days for six more months. 2014 has been a great year, but I'm excited to see what 2015 has in store for me! 

Happy New Year and Be Safe Everyone! 

What are some of your highlights from this year?